Dowydas

Pandoras Battery

Rekomenduojami pranešimai

Inf. šaltinis: http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/pandoras-battery.html/

We told you that we'd be releasing an unbricker for the M33 bricks. But then we got to thinking, maybe that just wouldn't be exciting enough.

Would you like a super special surprise bonus? How about an unbricker for ALL PSPs? Yep, you read that right. We call it "Pandora's Battery".

There's a larger story behind this unbricker, though, and it deserves to be told. It's the culmination of years of behind-the-scenes research and development by some of the top names in PSP hacking, under the name of the Prometheus project. This group of people, from various development teams, was dedicated to developing and releasing PSP hacks and exploits, with the aim of improving the status of PSP homebrew, and making sure that it was kept alive.

For some time this project was highly successful - many releases from Noobz, C+D and others were direct results of this work. The zenith of this success was the development of this unbricker - which required some amazing technical leaps, including:

Reverse engineering of the service (unbrick) mode

Development of a technique to change an ordinary battery into a service mode trigger battery (and back)

Development of custom IPL code along with a technique to sign that code as authentic.

Even more impressive is that all of the above was achieved without any access to the official hardware or software. With careful nurturing, this unbricker and custom IPL was to become the foundation of a whole new homebrew environment.

Unfortunately something happened to shatter the idyll. Somehow, the unbricker was leaked into the wider world before it was ready to be released. Whether this was deliberate, by one of the team members, or accidental via a security breach is still unclear. The fact is that this unbricker appeared on the black market, being sold for huge prices. As far as we know, it is probably very close to the same software that appears in at least some of the 'magic unbricker'/'jigkick' videos.

So, although the time was not right to release this (it would have been wise to wait at least until the PSP Slim release), our hand has been forced. In order to prevent small fortunes being made by leeches, we are giving this unbricker away for free. So - let it be known - if you have paid for an unbricker, then you have been ripped off. I suggest that you take up your grievances with the seller - it should never have been sold. And if you're unhappy about this being released before PSP Slim - then blame whoever it was that leaked or stole it.

It's unclear whether or not this is the end for the Prometheus project - hopefully not, but that is undecided so far. In case it is the end, it is worth a quick roll of honour. In alphabetical order:

Adrahil, Booster, Cswindle, Dark_AleX, Ditlew, Fanjita, Joek2100, Jim, Mathieulh, Nem, Psp250, Skylark, TyRaNiD.

And here are their respective C+D (Create and Destroy) nicknames.

Mathieulh = WiseFellow

Tyranid = bockscar

Fanjita = FullerMonty

Joek = CosmicOverSoul

Dark_Alex = Malyot

Chris = Caretaker

Adrahil = VoidPointer

nem = h1ckeyph0rce

Anyway - make sure to read the readme.txt in this release for how to use it, but in brief it works like this:

You run a program on a homebrew-enabled PSP that will convert a standard PSP battery into a jigkick battery. Note that you can't then use that battery normally - so you should use a spare one.

You run a program to generate the unbricker memory stick image, built from the v1.5 update EBOOT (note that this, and the custom IPL, means the release is completely free of Sony copyright materials).

You run some programs on a PC to install the image to your memory stick.

Now, you have a battery/memory stick pair that works just like the famous jigkick combination (but better) - just insert them into any PSP (even a brick) and the PSP will be reinstalled with the v1.5 firmware. As far as we know, this will continue to work for all future firmwares.

Pandoras_Battery.rar

Redagavo Impaler
Pridėtas org. straipsnis anglų kalba, bei prisegtas failas.

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą
Dalintis kituose puslapiuose

tiem kas ishbandysit - parasykit trumpa giduka bus tashku ir naudongos info visiems :D

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

kaip suprantu sitas unbrickeris yra ir universalus downgreideris i 1.5 taigi reiskia kad visi psp gali buti downgreidinami net 3.51 ar 3.52 ir visos kitos versijos kurios bus ateityje iskart gales buti downgredinamos cia tai geras jauciu pirksiu antra psp ir zaisiu su broliu wi fi

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

gerai - nepergerai shtai keletas komentaru ish BCG torentu trackerio komentaru:

Na cia sheip apie naudojima :D

you need a working psp that can run homebrew, the 2nd psp is to write the proper files to the memory card and convert the battery to the Pandora's battery. Plug the memory stick and then the battery(in the bricked PSP). The PSP should auto-boot up and voila. its ALIVE! and @ FW1.50 again..I just unbricked my psp due from the M33-3 update brick from PS3NEWS. Im just waiting for my battery to replenish so i can update to m33 again. Hope this brings a smile to all those whom bricked they're psps.

pavyke rezultatai:

\o/\o/\o/ MY PSP IS ALIVE!!! THANK YOU UPLOADER AND EVERYONE THAT CREATE THIS PROGRAM!!! if anyone needs anyhelp with the execution just ask ok?

Call me a lunatic, but I prepped the battery and memstick, took them out and through recovery, connected to flash 0 via USB and erased everything. I verified I was bricked (it stayed on black screen and turned off after about 20 seconds), and so I was certainly bricked. I popped the battery in (which strangely enough auto powers on the PSP) and recovered to 1.5 from a completely blank flash. It was unbelievable to see it work.

I can confirm this works. I just brought my original PSP back from the dead!

After the initial setup of the memstick and battery it took minutes to repair to 1.50 and then flash 3.52m33.

This is the best thing since CFW.

Thanks to the gods of PSP hacking.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!! MY PSP LIVES AGAIN!!! THX TO ALL THE HACKERS MAN!!!!

I too can confirm this 100% works!

The brick LIVES!!! Thank you so VERY much uploader!

It worked for my brick 100% thanks thanks

This works my psp is back from the dead and running 3.52 M33 yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

This is sweet. My stack of 20+ bricked psps people have sent me over the years are all now up and running.

Pavargau pastinti laimingu zhmoniu atsakymus. :D Butinai reix sumeistrauti gida kai pasirodys kox nors anglu kalba (ishversti) butu gerai kad kas ir ish musu ishbandytu. Kaip matau cia nera apgaule. o rimtas reikalas :D

Shtaip gidukas anglu kalba, galite bandyti pagal jy, jeigu kas apsiims testint ir jeigu pavyks - versiu y lt kalba.

So, I am sure you are asking why the heck I am writing this? I have been able to successfully create a Pandora's battery. I found the process to be a little out of what the instruction manual said (well, the txt file explaining usage) and, felt that I needed to type something, at least a little constructive

Let us start of with the basics. I won't bore you with what the Pandora battery CAN and CAN'T do, from what I understand, you can unbrick and downgrade ANY PSP, 'nuff said on what it can do. I wanted to focus mainly on how to MAKE the blasted thing. It is a shame, but you will require an already modded PSP, with a CFW on it, to generate this. (I was wrong, the videos were true!)

After USING the thing, I have to say, this is quite an impressive step forward in PSP homebrew scene. Everything just .. works. Pandora loads files off the memory stick like it is supposed to, and it all works really well. The readme thou doesn't go in dept in how to make this, I understand why, but it can get frustrating when some key steps are missing. I wonder thou, why they didn't make a "complete" 1.50 restoration, and only make it partial? I discovered that this has grave problems with some apps, like the readme had described, and it also doesn't seem to like other firmware updates, which is understandable, but lacks in control (only 1.50? cmon!)

Also, problems I have descovered incluse you can backup the NAND but can't restore it. I don't know why. If someone can get this working, much appreciated! Also, battery EEPROM backup and restore doesn't work all that well. It doesn't write the backup all the way, and I guess it misses some stuff. Battery works fine still thou, so that is not a problem. I also would have liked to see the ability to save your battery's serial number, and restore it, but it doesn't look like you can. Another shame. According to Noobz thou, this was never really ready for public release, it was leaked and sold on the black market, but to combat that, it was released, which could explain the bugs that were relevent in the release. I awate another release with fixes.

All in all thou, this is some serious awesomeness. No longer are we subdone by bricks, and forced to pay Sony $80 to do the same thing as this. It kind of seems like penny pinching to me. Mind you, Sony HAS the right.

I started my adventure looking for one of my spare PSP memory stick. After I realized I didn't have any spare sticks, I copied all the data from one stick to another, and I was well on my way. I had the stick. I heard that the Pandora battery CANNOT be used like a normal battery, so a while back, I bought a stamina battery. I pulled that out, cause I was sure I was going to need it. I had my USB cable ready to go.

Because the README left holes in the process, I wrote my own.

What you will need:

1: A PSP that can run homebrew, presumably 1.50 style homebrewin'

2: 2 batteries. One to use as a Pandora, and one to use the PSP, when not in Pandora mode. The Pandora battery will NOT function as a normal battery, I experimented

3: A Memory stick, the guide says, "Only Memory Stick Pro Duo are compatible. Memory Stick Duo

(e.g. 32MB sticks) are not supported." For the sake of compatibility, you will need a Pro Duo memory stick. 128 megs should do nicely.

4: A USB cable, and some basic comprehension of PC ettiquettes, and the ability to understand what I am typing could help too

Let us begin: Setup

I would extract ALL the files from pandora.zip to somewhere easy to find. For the sake of my guide, I will use "c:\psp".

Mark your memory stick, so you know it is a Pandora compatible stick. Insert it into your PSP. The guide calls for it to be formatted, that is what we will do. Scroll the screen left to the settings, and up to USB mode. You will see a popup. This is important. You MUST know what drive letter your computer has assigned to your PSP. If you are on XP, then most likely, you will see a window that says like, removable Disk (x, X is representing the PSP memory stick, this is the drive letter your PC has assigned to it. To make it easier, I will use DOS. Click "Start", then click "Run...", you will see a run dialogue box, type "CMD', or "COMMAND" respectively, and click "OK".

Welcome to DOS (Well, this isn't real DOS, it's a shell), from here, you should type "Format x:", MAKE SURE THAT THIS IS THE DRIVE LETTER FOR YOUR PSP MEMORY STICK! This is the same letter in the exploere window that says "Removable disk (X". IT will ask you "Insert new disk for drive D: and press ENTER when ready...", press the space bar to proceed. Once it is done, just press enter, it will leave the label of the stick blank. The readme also calls for the stick to be formatted logically. From the command prompt, start by typing "cd\psp". This is, "Change Directory \ (root) PSP (dir)". Once here, type "CD MSPFORMAT". This is, "Change Directory (tree, or node) MSPFORMAT (dir in existing tree). Now, type "mspformat x" (Remember, X represents your PSP's drive association.) and hit enter. You will now see "All data will be lost. Do you want to continue? [Y]", type Y, and once the procedure is complete, you will see "Drive succesfully formatted, and partition moved.", the guide calls to remove the memory stick, and take the PSP out of usb mode.

With me so far? PS still workin? Place the stick back into the PSP, and go back into USB mode. An explorer window should pop up. Now, we will need to copy the files back to the memory stick. Create the PSP folder on the PSP memory stick. double click that, and create a GAME folder. If you need the GAME150 folder to run the 1.50 ebbots, then create that as well. Open the pandora.zip file. From within the zip, double click the "battery" folder, and copy the "pandora_battery" and "pandora_battery%" to your PSP's GAME (Or, GAME150 respectively) folder. In the Pandora zip, go back and then go to "Installer". Copy the "pbfirm_install" and "pbfirm_install%" to the PSP GAME (Or, GAME150 respectively) folder. Now, copy your PSP 1.50 update file to the MAIN root of the PSP memory stick. (It should be in the main root, where you can see the PSP folder).

Im sure as far as this has gone, this is what confused me. The guide in the zip says "Run "installer" through the firmware on the PSP.", It is asking you to select "Pandora battery firm. installer". Once you select this item, you will see some stuff on the screen. Press Cross to initiate the main FW installation procedure. Once this is done, you will be left with the files, as well as the msipl.bin file.

This is what got me. The guide says "Connect the Memory Stick again via the USB connection of the PSP.", then "Execute "msipl" application on the PC with the msipl.bin to write the IPL to memory stick.", so from DOS, type "cd .." (This takes you back to the previous tree) and enter, then type "cd msinst". (If you are resourceful, then you can use "cd ../msinst", now what they guide doesn't say, is you need to copy the file "msipl.bin" from your PSP memory stick, to the same location as the file msinst.exe, so, from DOS, assuming you put the files where the guide suggested, from the command prompt, you can simply type "copy x:\msipl.bin" and, since you are in the msinst folder already, it will copy your msipl.bin into your msinst folder. Now, type "msinst x msipl.bin", you should this:

"PSP MS IPL Installer

Load IPL code msipl.bin

241664 bytes(59 block) readed

Target DRIVE is 3

Check partation Sector

boot status 0x80

start head 0x0B

start sec/cyl 0x0012

partation type 0x06

last head 0x3F

last sec/cyl 0xB5E0

abs sector 0x00000810

ttl sector 0x001DA7F0

signature 0xAA55

Check BPB Sector

signature AA55

Check free reserved sectorK

Write ABS Sector 0x10 to 0x1E7

Are You Sure ?[Y]"

Press "Y" to confirm! You shoud then see this:

"Write MS BOOT CODE"

We are there!

Exit USB mode, and execute the homebrew app "Pandora battery creator". Press X to create the Pandora battery. You now have Pandora's battery, completely useless for normal use, and all it's unbricking splendor! I hope this is clear, it confused me a bit, and I suck at guides kind of thing, I wouldn't recommend using that memory stick for anything else, and I would keep it with the Pandora battery. Note: I believe you can power on the PSP with the power cord, then plug pandora's battery in, and that is how you can reset it back, with "Pandora battery creator", can restore your battery to normal. If you have Pandora's battery in, the PSP will load into a special "dev" type mode, it will not load like normal, it cannot be used in it's pandora state as a normal battery. It can be restored. Remember the consequences when not being cautious!

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

as kaip supratau ishvis reikia 2 psp, vieno brikinto kito su psp 1.50 fw + baterijos, stickai ;)

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

bet tai cia nesamone kai atsisiunti bricka ten readme.txt visiskai kas kita parasyta

Ne į temą

A universal PSP unbricker/downgrader by the Prometheus project, also

known as Team C+D.

REQUIREMENTS

- A spare PSP Battery. Any make will do. Using a spare is best, as it

will not be possible to boot the PSP in its normal state with the

modified battery.

- A spare Memory Stick Pro Duo of less than 4Gb. (256Mb should be

enough for all applications).

- A PSP with a Custom Firmware such as OE, M33 or WC, or a PSP with

the 1.5 original kernel.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

- Connect the PSP to the PC with the Memory Stick inside via the USB

Connection.

- Format the Memory Stick using any utility.

- Use mspformat to format the Memory Stick logically.

- Remove the Memory Stick and disable the USB connection.

- Connect the Memory Stick again via the USB connection of the PSP.

- Manually create the PSP/GAME (optionally PSP/GAME150) folders on the

Memory Stick.

- Copy the "battery" and "installer" programs to the PSP/GAME

(optionally PSP/GAME150) folder.

- Copy the 1.50 official updater as UPDATE.PBP to the root of the

Memory Stick.

- Run "installer" through the firmware on the PSP. This application

will create the firmware files on the root of the Memory Stick, as

well as msipl.bin.

- Connect the Memory Stick again via the USB connection of the PSP.

- Execute "msipl" application on the PC with the msipl.bin to write

the IPL to memory stick.

- Execute "battery" application on the PSP to modify the battery.

- Congratulation, you are now in posession of a "Magic Memory Stick"

and a "JigKick Battery".

USAGE

- Insert Memory Stick into the PSP

- Remove power cord and insert the JigKick Battery into the PSP.

- A menu appears when the PSP boots. Follow the onscreen information

and instructions.

NOTES AND RESTRICTIONS

- The firmware in the Memory Stick is not a full 1.50, but a minimal

subset. Therefore, not all applications (such as flashers, or

recovery apps) will load.

- Only Memory Stick Pro Duo are compatible. Memory Stick Duo

(e.g. 32MB sticks) are not supported.

- The IDStorage cannot be totally restored, as there is no known way

to regenerate it properly.

- It is strongly RECOMMENDED to make a flash dump of the PSP before

any downgrading operation.

- There might be a BSOD at the end of the downgrade. This is normal,

and happens on the standard downgraders.

- All hardware revisions known at this day are supported.

- This release contains no Sony-copyrighted material. All required

Sony data is generated from the v1.50 update files.

CREDITS

- Please do not edit or remove these credits... ;)

- All work done by the Prometheus team aka Team C+D:

Adrahil (VoidPointer)

Booster

Cswindle (Caretaker)

Dark_AleX (Malyot)

Ditlew

Fanjita (FullerMonty)

Joek2100 (CosmicOverSoul)

Jim

Mathieulh (WiseFellow)

Nem (h1ckeyph0rce)

Psp250

Skylark

TyRaNiD (bockscar)

- With thanks to everyone who has contributed to the PSPSDK, without which

nothing would have been possible.

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

na as neturedamas psp negaliu padeti ne kiek, googlink ir pririnkes papildomos info bandyk pats. ;)

Ne į temą

logishkai mastant ar ne pats laikas visiem isigyti brikintu psp uzh juokinga kaina ir juos atsigaivint? ;)

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

na as neturedamas psp negaliu padeti ne kiek, googlink ir pririnkes papildomos info bandyk pats. ;)

Ne į temą

logishkai mastant ar ne pats laikas visiem isigyti brikintu psp uzh juokinga kaina ir juos atsigaivint? ;)

na logiskai mastant jei tie zmones suzinos kad galima juos atgaivint tai jau nebebus tu juokingu kainu ;)

o siaip galima pamegint aisku bet nelabai norisi isigyt brickinta psp vien tam kad ismegint ar tai veikia ;)

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

kaip suprantu sitas unbrickeris yra ir universalus downgreideris i 1.5 taigi reiskia kad visi psp gali buti downgreidinami net 3.51 ar 3.52 ir visos kitos versijos kurios bus ateityje iskart gales buti downgredinamos cia tai geras jauciu pirksiu antra psp ir zaisiu su broliu wi fi

o ne pigiau nusipirkt PS2 ir losti per telika, tada ir ps2 ir psp turetum, nors siaip wifi irgi linksma, tik zaidimu nera labai daug pokolkas :lol:

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

Ne į temą

aš išbandysiu..Šią savaitę.Kai įsigysiu naują bateriją. :lol:
Redagavo nnemo

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

Prisijunkite prie pokalbio

Jūs galite rašyti dabar, o registruotis vėliau. Jeigu turite paskyrą, prisijunkite dabar, kad rašytumėte iš savo paskyros.

Svečias
Parašykite atsakymą...

×   Įdėta kaip raiškusis tekstas.   Įdėti kaip grynąjį tekstą

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Nuorodos turinys įdėtas automatiškai.   Rodyti kaip įprastą nuorodą

×   Jūsų anksčiau įrašytas turinys buvo atkurtas.   Išvalyti redaktorių

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.