Moo

Visos, visų iPhone / iTouch naujienos / aptarimas

Rekomenduojami pranešimai

Hands-on: HipstaCase for iPhone

Nuotrauka

I'm not a big fan of iPhone cases. I got my free bumper because my iPhone showed attenuation when I bought it, and I'm a sucker for free stuff. The Apple bumper worked brilliantly when I dropped my iPhone on the pavement once -- it saved the iPhone from being shattered. But I use cases for specific purposes, like a bumper when I'll be walking around the city or a Mophie when I may be away from power for an extended period. So I bought the HipstaCase when we wrote it up because I wanted a stylish "case" which allowed me to mount my iPhone on a tripod. Following are my thoughts on the case after a few hours of use, plus some pictures of it in action.

Materials and Design

The case was designed by Agent 18, who do good work. That said, it's a simple thing, really -- just a plastic case with a faux camera molded onto the back. It won't offer the shock absorption you'd get from an Apple bumper, but the slot in what is molded to look like a lens is designed to help mount the iPhone onto a small U-bracket which you can add to any tripod.

It comes with a lanyard/wrist strap already installed (but removable). There's an adjustable clasp on the loop, so you can tighten it and really secure the iPhone on your wrist (for whatever reason). In my attempts to shake the iPhone out of the case, I found it was quite securely jammed in; I don't think it should worry anyone to "carry" it in such a way, but I don't know that I'd carry my iPhone on my wrist on a regular basis anyway.

After some time with the lanyard, I have to say it's one of the more compelling reasons to use this case. If you wear jeans and find it annoying to fish your iPhone out of your pocket, the strap is useful. Even in the little storage pocket in my car I found it handy to grab the strap. That's a plus, but I'm not sure it makes it worth the price.

Tripod Mount

Nuotrauka

So what about that tripod mount? It's a little piece of metal in the shape of an asymmetrical U with an extra bend on two small prongs which allows you to slip the longer end into the case and mount it on a tripod using a basic screw mount. How does it work? Eh, it's OK. The problem is that the slot on the case and the metal on the mount aren't exactly made to tight specifications, so there's a lot of wiggling going on if you move the tripod around.

If you only need the mount to work on a table or steady surface, I'm sure it'll be fine. Coupled with a timer and an app like Camera+, it works great. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any timer on the Hipstamatic app itself, which seems a bit silly since you're still going to have to "steady" the camera on your own. This is simply not a secure mount, however, so while the marketing on HipstaCase's page shows a Gorillapod, you should know you won't be able to use the full range of Gorillapod goodness (as in, don't turn this upside-down). Still, since the extended part of the U-mount is long enough, I felt pretty good about turning the iPhone on its side. At 90 degrees it was still on there, provided someone didn't wiggle it too much. It'd be nice to see a snug fit on this to alleviate fears of breakage, as the case has zero shock absorption.

Final Thoughts

Nuotrauka

The HipstaCase pretty much lives up to the somewhat derogatory term "hipster" (and yes, I realize where the name Hipstamatic comes from) -- visual flair with little substance. It's overpriced at $40, considering the case offers little more than a loose camera mount and some style to your naked iPhone. That's all it provides, frankly. If you are a hipster and don't mind overpaying for a simple iPhone case, this is for you. Personally, I'm likely to get rid of this on eBay and just invest in another Apple bumper, as it provides real protection for my iPhone. If I need a camera mount, I'll get a Glif instead.

Mmmmmmm... :notworthy: Tikriausiai pats fainiausias ir daugiausiai panaudotinas dėklas šitas bent jau man... :thumbup:

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą
Dalintis kituose puslapiuose

iPhone 3GS Still Outselling Some Android Phones

Nuotrauka

Stats coming from Cannacord Genuity’s Michael Walkley show that both the iPhone 3GS and original iPad are currently outselling much newer competition.

The analyst looked into both AT&T and Verizon’s sales for April and deduced that the iPhone 3GS is a strong seller for AT&T with its $49 price point meaning it outsold the HTC Inspire and Motorola Atrix. Verizon’s iPad sales meant the first generation hardware sold out in less than two weeks in 16GB and 32GB guise.

What this appears to show is that while Android is growing, it’s taking market share away from Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry rather than the iPhone, speculates AppleInsider.

Checks with stores found that new Android smartphones were largely gaining share from Windows 7 smartphones, but not the iPhone. Walkley also expects the iPhone to remain the top selling handset at Verizon throughout 2011 as upgrades continue, partially because the carrier is not allowing subsidies to customers that are still under a two-year contract.

Unsurprisingly Walkley also said the iPad was by far the highest selling tablet with RIM’s PlayBook and Motorola’s Xoom seeing ‘modest sales’.

:) Something wrong? :)

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

iPod Touch 5G Have 3G Connectivity?

iPod Touch , It's basicly an iPhone without a phone, iPod fastly became one most selling device among kids and teens. It's used for playing music, gaming and socialization with diffrenet network application But it still lacks in the department of connectivity.

Nuotrauka

It's thought that just like iPad 3G+Wifi Version the next iPod will only support 3G services that is only used for data traffic and won't support voice calling over the network.

A 3G Data Connectivity will surely make the iPod Touch a more efficient device to be used by Apple lovers. But there will be more traffic to be found on the carrier from the excessive use of Skype.

Having a 3G Data connectivity will help you stay connected when you are away from wireless hotspot.

I wish... :thumbsup4:

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

WOW

Make the Apple Logo on the Back of Your iPhone 4 Glow with this Magical Mod

Nuotrauka

Apple’s MacBooks stand out in a crowd, thanks to their sleek design and bright Apple logo. Apple designed the logo on its laptops to glow, but the iPhone has lacked such a feature. Until now.

iPatch has teased a mod for the iPhone 4 that turns the device’s rear Apple logo into a glowing work of art. Whenever the iPhone’s screen comes on, the Apple logo lights up. Now that’s magical.

Priced at £100 ($159), iPatch expects to offer this amazing mod for the iPhone 4 in less than a month. The modification process takes less than a hour, and iPatch modifies the iPhone 4′s back without making it thicker or bulkier.

We can’t wait for this mod to be available to the public. It’s cheap, and it’s awesome. Who wouldn’t want the iPhone’s Apple logo to glow like Apple’s other products? Hopefully it doesn’t take too much of a toll on the battery.

:////////// £100... :) KODĖL?

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

9 Out of 10 iPhone Owners Will Never Buy Another Brand of Smartphone

Nuotrauka

iPhone owners are the most loyal smartphone users around, according to a new survey by UBS Research. Apple’s iPhone boasts a 89% retention rate, indicating that nearly 9 out 10 iPhone owners will never buy another brand of smartphone.

Surprisingly, the company with the second highest retention rate is actually HTC, with 39% of its customers sticking around for the long haul. Apple claims a 50% retention rate lead over all other smartphone makers in terms of customer loyalty…

Nuotrauka

Hehehehh.
Mano mama, tėtis, senelis perėjo ant iPhone. Labai džiaugiuosi, kad toliau owninam tuos...
Samsungo susidomėjimas tikriausiai dėl to laginančio 1.2GHz "telefono" samsungo.

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

Apple has posted a record-breaking net profit of $13.06bn (around £8.36bn) for the last financial quarter.

That's a very healthy increase of 110 per cent on the same period last year.

It sold 37.04 million iPhones (a 128 per cent year-on-year increase) between 1st October and 31st December, putting it ahead of nearest smartphone rival Samsung, which managed 35 million over the same period. Apple CEO Tim Cook claimed it could have sold even more if supply hadn't been constrained over Christmas.

15.43 million iPads were snapped up, representing a 111 per cent jump on the same period in 2010.

The iPod, however, seems to be on a down-swing, also selling a mere 15.4 million units. That's a 21 per cent year-on-year drop.

Finally, Mac sales totaled 5.2 million units, climbing 26 per cent.

"We are very happy to have generated over $17.5bn in cash flow from operations during the December quarter," commented CFO Peter Oppenheimer.

"Looking ahead to the second fiscal quarter of 2012, we expect revenue of about $32.5bn and we expect diluted earnings per share of about $8.50."

Recent reports suggest that the iPad 3 is the next cash magnet due out of Apple HQ, with a March launch expected.

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

Nežinau ar čia pataikiau, ar ne, bet gal tiks. Tai va, kuom iphono kopija yra prastesnė už orginalą? Sakė, kad kopija lėtesnė, kas dar?

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

Nežinau ar čia pataikiau, ar ne, bet gal tiks. Tai va, kuom iphono kopija yra prastesnė už orginalą? Sakė, kad kopija lėtesnė, kas dar?

Kopija yra kopija, ji nepalaiko iOS, dazniausiai buna ant java platformos, pagaminta is pigesniu detaliu, nepavadinciau to net telefonu. Tikrai neverta i tokias ziet, jau geriau tada pasiimt koki nors pigesni android telefona. ;] mano nuomone

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

Trumpai ir aiškiai

Nuotrauka

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

Ne į temą

Na galiu papasakoti realią istoriją,atvežė žmonos sesuo man tą "padielką" iš kažkur ištraukusi ir sako pažiūrėk ko jis čia neveikia...na neveikimo problema buvo akumuliatorius...Nokios berods 5c modelis,kaip žinia originalimame Iphone stovi didelis akumas,o čia Nokios mažytis akumas...to pasekoje ir 2 parų telefas neišlaiko (nors įdėjau originalią naują Nokia bateriją),išvaizda tai labai gerai nukopijuota,bet tai vienintelis pliusas,rašo ant korpuso 32GB atminties,o jos ten realiai nei daug nei mažai 256mb :) Kamera turbūt 1,3megapixelio,softas nesuprasi koks,2 korteles dedasi...nu man tai gai**s totalus...ir išvis tie kiniški klonai + - visi vienodi savo vidumi,tik išorė skiriasi...

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

Aišku tada. O pvz ten žaidimai, ekranas pats viskas tas pats kaip ir ant orginalo?

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

Aišku tada. O pvz ten žaidimai, ekranas pats viskas tas pats kaip ir ant orginalo?

Pasitaupyk arba pirk senesnės kartos, nes kiniški tie klonai kaip ir kiti nariai sakė - visi tokie pat gaidiški, tik į kitą korpusą sudėti, o ir neaišku kiek veiks laiko, ir pnš.

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

Niekas ne tas pats. Pasvajot tau apie normalius žadimus ant klono. Ekranai ten irgi paskutinis crapas.

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

net negalvok apie tas kopijas, kai pradesi naudot labai pajusi koks shudas ji yra. bereikalo litus ismesi.

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

Aš pats irgi esu prieš kopijas, bet draugas lyg ir pigiai parduoda tai galvoju pasidomėsiu.

Dalintis šiuo pranešimu

Nuoroda į pranešimą

Prisijunkite prie pokalbio

Jūs galite rašyti dabar, o registruotis vėliau. Jeigu turite paskyrą, prisijunkite dabar, kad rašytumėte iš savo paskyros.

Svečias
Parašykite atsakymą...

×   Įdėta kaip raiškusis tekstas.   Įdėti kaip grynąjį tekstą

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Nuorodos turinys įdėtas automatiškai.   Rodyti kaip įprastą nuorodą

×   Jūsų anksčiau įrašytas turinys buvo atkurtas.   Išvalyti redaktorių

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.